September 25, 2008

Dates, timing and... no action!


I was all excited to work on my new assignment when I got a call from my mother saying not to start anything important as it is 13th – the Friday!!

I reached out for the newspaper to check the show timings of the latest movies. An article read that two blockbusters cannot be released on the same day as it will affect the revenues. Can’t one have the pleasure of watching two nice movies on a weekend?

I know of a couple who recently decided to tie the knot but it took a while to fix on their wedding day, simply because the date was not auspicious, or someone else in the family had a wedding, or some kids had exams, or the desired venue was not available :-/

My friend called the other day to cancel our outing plan coz according to some calendar, she is supposed to be fasting on that day.

Yesterday I had a meeting with my manager to plan my tasks. Least did I know that I need to re-plan my vacation/leave based on project deadlines/milestones?!?!

I had a long day at work and was all exhausted by the time I got back. As soon as I reached home, my sister exclaimed that we had to go shopping as the sale was on!

To top it all, I just realized that I can’t experiment a new hairstyle as I have an important ceremony to attend soon for which I can’t afford to not look nice ;)

Can you possibly ever time it well... What is with the dates, anyway??

1 comment:

Sangfroid said...

I believe each day carries with it the possibility of getting so much accomplished and hence each is auspicious.

btw there should be two movies which are NICE in the first place, for anyone to watch :-P

Lastly, I'll say go ahead with the xperiment! You'll look nice :-)