
<trrriiiiiinnnnggggg>
... and it’s another 6 a.m. in the morning! Time to get out of the bed and get on with the “routine”!
Do I really have to do this??
So, I snooze the alarm and tell my pillow to let me sleep a little more. Just then the doorbell rings. Ahh… my maid is here!
At least the thought that someone is up before me encourages me to get out of my bed ;)
Early morning is the most peaceful time of the day. People are either sleeping or silently getting on with their work. If it had rained the night before, the weather is just perfect, with the sun still making its lazy efforts to bless the world ;)
Clean house, fresh air (with a touch of agarbatti fragrance), and clean car – nice way to start the day!
I leave my house for work. The same roads look a little better. For a change, you can see the roads (otherwise it is just vehicles around). I am waiting on the red light; utilizing the time to check if I have not forgotten anything, think about the day ahead, switch channels on radio, make good use of my rear-view mirror to ensure that I look okay ;). A small boy comes close to my car. He is trying to sell something. He gets fascinated by my caterpillar stuff toy in the car. I like the look on his face :) But I can’t give it to him coz I love my caterpillar too!
Soon the signal turns green and it’s time to move on. My favorite track starts playing on FM. I just smile and start singing along in my mind. Somewhere, the song reminds me of certain people/incidents. I overtake a sexy car (the driver is not too bad as well ;)). I see him give me a second look. Oh yes - girls can drive!
There gives me another reason to smile :))
I get all greens thereafter. Wow wht a day! Finally, at the last signal. I happen to look at the time on my stereo. Not bad! I indeed drove fast. A guy next door seems to be looking at me through his tinted glass window. I turn that side and he looks away. Gosh! Don’t guys realize that we know when people are checking us out ;)
I reach my parking spot and my coconut bhaiya waves to me. I acknowledge his gesture and the smile on his face makes me happy. Although we hardly ever talk, I can sense his genuine concern. I am assured that he takes good care of my car, while I am away. I walk to my office building and the watchman stands up to greet me. I probably must be one of the first people he sees at work. I get out of the lift, and exchange morning greetings with the security guard. A little bit of attention given to them makes them so happy, and I know that they appreciate it.
It’s still just 8 a.m. but so much has happened already. The series of events just help me to begin the day with a smiling face. And here I am, writing this...
Let me now get on with the rest of the day!
No comments:
Post a Comment